Canadian Energy Partners
2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007
2006
 



Email Signup for
News Releases:

Name:
Email:


 

WEST ENERGY LTD. AND CANADA ENERGY PARTNERS INC. ANNOUNCE A JOINT VENTURE TO EXPLORE THE MONTNEY FORMATION IN THE MONIAS AREA IN NORTHEAST B.C.

April 1, 2008

West Energy Ltd. (TSX:WTL) ("West") and Canada Energy Partners Inc. (TSX VENTURE:CE) ("Canada Energy") are pleased to announce that they have entered into a joint venture agreement (the "Agreement") in the Monias area of northeast British Columbia. The joint venture is within the major Montney/Doig formation gas trend that has gained considerable market attention in recent weeks.

The Agreement covers the deep rights on nine sections (approximately 5,866 gross and net acres) on Canada Energy's Monias property. Pursuant to the terms of the Agreement, West will conduct an exploration program, the primary purpose of which will be to test the potential of the Montney formation.

The exploration program is expected to consist of a three-dimensional seismic project over the majority of the Monias lands and the option to drill up to three exploratory wells. West will pay 100% of the costs through to completion to earn its 65% interest in the deep rights and will operate the project. Canada Energy will own the remaining 35% working interest. Three-dimensional seismic is already underway and well spotting and permitting of the first test well has commenced. Canada Energy will retain its 100% working interest in the rights to the base of the Nikanassin on the lands.

West is a public energy company operating in western Canada. The company has stakes in Western Canadian conventional oil and gas operations including Pembina Nisku light oil, Puskwaskau Beaverhill Lake light oil and the Montney gas fairway. This joint venture compliments West's efforts to capture a large land base along the Montney trend. West now has 27 sections of lands it owns or has the option to drill in the Monias area. Completion testing has commenced on West's first well on its other option lands in the area and the second Monias well is expected to spud by early June.

Canada Energy Partners Inc. is a TSX Venture listed company focused on the exploration and development of conventional and unconventional natural gas in the Peace River area of northeast British Columbia. Canada Energy currently owns 65 gross (64 net) sections or 42,118 gross (41,788 net) acres of drilling licences with deep rights including Doig/Montney Formation and 100 gross (58 net) sections or 64,522 gross (37,863 net) acres of shallow rights including Moosebar and Gething Formations in northeast British Columbia.

Forward Looking Statements: This press release contains forward looking statements relating to expected or anticipated future events and operations, number of wells to be drilled, timing of projects and anticipated results that are forward looking in nature and, as a result, are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, such as general economic, market and business conditions, the regulatory process and actions, technical issues, new legislation, competitive and general economic factors and conditions, the uncertainties resulting from potential delays or changes in plans, the occurrence of unexpected events, and the companies' capability to execute and implement future plans. Actual results achieved may vary from the information provided herein as a result of numerous known and unknown risks and uncertainties and other factors. There is no representation by the companies that actual results achieved during the forecast period will be the same in whole or in part as that forecast.

The TSX and the Venture Exchange do not accept responsibility for the adequacy or the accuracy of this release.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Canada Energy Partners Inc.
1500 - 885 West Georgia St.
Vancouver, BC V6C 3E8
(604) 909-1154
Fax: (604) 488-0319

or

Canada Energy Partners Inc.
John Proust
Director
Direct: (604) 895-7445
Email: info@canadaenergypartners.com

or

Canada Energy Partners Inc.
Ben Jones
Chief Executive Officer
Direct: (225) 928-9980
Email: info@canadaenergypartners.com

 


© Canada Energy Partners Inc. All rights reserved Designed & Powered by Blendermedia
 
Home  |  Corporate  |  News  |  Projects  |  Investors  |  Contact